Personal Build Log #2

This is the next part of my Personal Build Log, where I will continue with the list of the components I chose and the difficulties I faced *dramatic sound*.

OK, before we start off, I want to thank the guys (and possibly girls) at the Tek Syndicate Forum, for making me confident on my choice of Motherboard. After I posted the 1st part of the series yesterday, I began questioning the choice, but they reassured me with their opinions. Thanks!

THE CASE

Now, continuing with the part list. Next I chose the case. Knowing the of Motherboard I will use and that I will probably do some water-cooling in the near future. I knew it would have to be a full-tower case. At first I was considering the Define R5, since I knew it supports all kinds of water cooling and how silent it is, but I went with the Enthoo Luxe. This beast of a case, is an excellent example of how all cases of this price range should be.

Featuring a side panel with two windows, one for the main components like the Motherboard and one for the drive cages, which you can cover, LED strips on both sides with a color controller, with which you can change the colors. Although I would have liked to see a mode changer (breathing, static, etc.), I don't really mind. Furthermore it has lots of space inside and almost all of the case is held together with screws, which makes it highly modifiable. At the end of the day is a beautiful case and easy to work with, for a some new in the PC building scene.

THE RAM

And then came the time to decide on the RAM. For a lot of people this would be easy; if you are just going to game on the PC, buy a cheap (but not really cheap) 8 gig pack. Unfortunately this wasn't the case for me. Having a relatively low budget and wanting to get more into programming, didn't help at all. However, I was lucky enough to find a cheap 8 GB pack of RAM, clocked at 21333 MHz, from G.Skill, a really good deal if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment